The intent of this page is to share resources that are available for you to be encouraged, to serve, and to fill your time well during the current crisis in our country. I will continue to add to it as I hear about other things that I think are helpful and encouraging.
Resources for Encouragement in Your Faith
- Lifeway Women has opened up several of their Bible study videos for free. You can also get an Ebook version of the study guides for only $5 through March 31st. You can find the details here.
- Lifeway Women has also compiled their own page of encouragement during this time of uncertainty here. You can find prayer prompts, Bible verses, and song suggestions which includes a link to a Spotify playlist.
- Melissa Kruger’s series on Contentment is available for free here.
- You can find a free Bible study by Max Lucado called “Anxious for Nothing” here.
- The Summit Church put out a great list of tools and resources to grow spiritually during this season called “Don’t Waste Your Quarantine”.
Places to Serve in Raleigh, NC
As students are out of school and people are losing their jobs, the ministries and non-profits in our community that are helping those in need can use our help more than ever right now. Most of them can use volunteer help, food and supply donations, and financial assistance. While I know there are many great ones in Wake County, here are a few with which I’m familiar. Just click on the name to see how you can help.
Raleigh Dream Center
North Raleigh Ministries
Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
Finally, here is an option to fill up your time at home. I’ve taken three Skillpop classes in the past and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Now they are offering them online as Skillpop Anywhere. I’ve already signed up for one! Check it out!